Hide Antique

Monday, January 11, 2010

A day filled with pee

I started La Bamba today… it should be renamed La Bathroom! It is a 3-day kick start weight loss program using Herbalife Products. Day 1 consists of 2 gallons of liquid protein and nothing else. They say I should feel a “twinge” of hunger and will pee frequently. Yes to both! So far I feel kinda hungry and really lazy, but yet hyper (if that makes any sense). They claim I will lose 3-10 pounds of fat in the 3 days… I am keeping my fingers crossed! I noticed that with each time I go to the fridge to pull out my gallon jug of peach mango bliss, the bacon sitting nearby says my name a little louder.

The weekend was good, but maybe a little too good. There was badness – I didn’t write anything down and we ate out quite a bit; and there was goodness – no chips, cookies, or pop was brought into the house in preparation for a house full of boys. The scale didn’t look so bad this morning, so I’m hoping I did okay regardless of the badness.

Back to the Beck workbook… haven’t visited it since Jan 7… oops! Today is Day 4 and the focus is on building your confidence. It’s important to have the confidence that you can do what you have to do in order to lose weight. Beck wants me to start giving myself credit for every positive eating behavior I engage in and every helpful eating decision I make.

Today I said hell no to the bacon.crispy_bacon_1

2 comments:

Paige said...

OMG, I love how you see the world! And, it is quite an accomplishment if you are able to resist the irresistable (i.e. bacon).

If you want to cut meat from your diet (it takes DAYS to digest, for cryin' out loud!?, you should visit the PETA website. I no longer do ham and rarely eat beef because of it and only eat humanely-raised, antibiotic-free chicken and eggs. Too bad bread and chips are inhumanely raised, it'd probably be easier for me to cut them out then.

Nonetheless, congrats on a good start to your weight loss journey!

Evelyn said...

Yes -- I get the PETA emails as well. But to give up Bacon -- oh the horrors! I definitely prefer the cage free antibiotic free eggs -- they taste sooo much better than the others! The yolks are so sunny yellow!

I need to hear that butter is being mistreated when it is being made...