Hide Antique

Friday, January 15, 2010

Weekend Fear

I am a rule follower during the week. I write everything down. I make healthy choices. I drink water. But the weekend roles around, and my Mr. Hyde shows his ugly face. I write nothing down. I eat out too much. I snack on foods I don’t even love.

Road Trip

And to make matters worse, I have to drive to Minot, ND this weekend with my BF to pick up half a cow for his parents. Do you know where Minot is? It’s in the furthest, northern corner away from Mn…. it’s a good 10 hour drive. One way. And there is nothing in between here and there to make the journey fun. Nothing. No cute little shops to stop at. No fun restaurants. No outlet malls. I don’t even think there is a Dairy Queen. I will love spending all those hours trapped in the car with Jeff for sure, but I am soooo not looking forward to this drive! Especially after just getting back from spending 24 hours driving from the Gulf Coast!

Minot_ND

So my plan is this:

  • When we stop to pee or get gas or whatever, no matter how silly I look, I will run 5 laps around the car… minimum.
  • I don’t usually have a problem snacking in the car, but I’ll bring something healthy along just in case.
  • Water. The problem is, if I drink a lot of it, I’ll have to pee. A lot. Did I mention that there is nothing between here and Minot? That means no rest areas and very few gas stations.
  • When we do go out to eat, I will try my darndest to push away temptation and choose something healthy.

Impending Doom

School starts on Tuesday. I should be excited because it’s my last semester, but instead I feel insanely anxious with a feeling of “impending doom” (inside joke – my fellow nursing students will be laughing here!). Seriously though, I instantly get a pit in my stomach. With school comes chaos. I find myself never having time to work out, plan menus, cook dinner, eat healthy. Let’s not even talk about what happens to my house during this time! Yikes! I really don’t want to go down this path anymore… it isn’t healthy physically or emotionally. My friend Sandi recommended a website called e-mealz that will give me my dinner menu for the week based on WW points and on what sale is at my grocery store that week (Thanks Sandi!). It gives me the recipes, the menu, the grocery list, and how much it’s going to cost! So not only will it save me time and calories, it will save me money too! All I need to do is print it out each week and head to the store.

For a great little synopsis on e-mealz, check out this article that was in Southern Living.

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Paige said...

There's a local farm serving people in the Twin Cities where you can get 1/4, 1/2 and whole cows:

http://grassfedcattleco.com/

Check it out!

Evelyn said...

Yea, I know... but this is Jeff's brother-in-law's family farm so even though we are spending extra cash on gas and hotel, we are supporting the fam...

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol cash on delivery order tramadol overnight - buy tramadol with paypal