Hide Antique

Thursday, January 07, 2010

Heavy Peeps feeding Hungry Peeps

I went to my Weight Watcher's meeting last night for the first time since the end of October. I am right back where I started, which really isn't a big deal since I had only lost about 4 pounds. A gain of 4 pounds over the holidays and a vacation is not really a bad thing. It felt sooo good to be back!! It is such a supportive environment and something about weighing in front of someone makes me feel very accountable... almost like I don't want to let that person down.

I was well within my points yesterday, but still haven't managed to exercise or get the full 8 glasses of water in. On the way to town I found inspiration on the side of the road. For the last year, nearly every time I drive to town, rain or shine, I see a man walking briskly. I go to town at various times, so I can only think that he is a very dedicated walker who walks several times a day. Even though it was cold out, he was out there bundled up in a snow suit, hat, mittens etc. Nothing was showing but his nose. I see him so often that I recognized him by his walk! I felt guilty for I have not exercised all week even though I have oodles of exercise DVDs and a gym membership. I don't even have to go out in the cold for gosh sake!

The focus this week for WW is to track everything. I wrote everything down that I ate yesterday, so one gold star for me!


I frequent another blog written by a gal on her journey to weight loss (and doing a fine job, I might add) and she mentioned today a Pound for Pound Challenge where for every pound you pledge to lose, they will donate 14 cents (the cost of one pound of food) to your local food bank. How cool is that?! The Second Harvest Heartland in St. Paul is currently in the lead. Go to this site and pledge how many pound you're going to lose before June 30th. I pledged to lose 25 pounds and that means that 25 pounds of food will be donated to Second Harvest Northland Lakes Food Bank in Duluth! Which, by the way, is in 3rd place in Mn with 91 team members. It's a very cool thing to do... so just do it!


1 comment:

TapeDogs said...

Good stuff gf . . .